In Their Own Words...
GED Classes and Information
NEED TO TAKE THE GED?
Top Floor Learning, located in the Palmer Public Library,
provides a complete package of GED services for adults who are 16 or over and have left high school.
TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR THE GED TEST:
- GED Math: One to One Instruction
- This individualized program centers on the learners improving their math skills as they work towards the GED or prepare for the community college placement test. Learners may register for successive six month cycles until their goals are met.
- Prerequisite: Math assessment before the first tutoring session.
- Requirement: Purchase of a Pre-GED Mathematics workbook (approximate price $13 - $15)
- GED Reading/Writing: One to One Instruction
- This individualized program centers on the needs and goals of learners working towards the GED. The program will focus on reading, writing, and comprehension skills needed for the GED test sections of social studies, science, reading, and writing. Learners may register for successive six month cycles until their goals are met.
- Prerequisite: Learner must be reading at a fifth grade level.
- A complete skills assessment will be performed at the initial free interview.
- Time (All): Determined with tutor.
- Cost: Each course: $50.00 per three months (2 hours per week)
TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE FULL GED TEST:
- GED Official Half-Length Practice Test
- Determine your general readiness for the Full Battery GED Test by taking the Half-Length GED Practice Test. Take the test for FREE and receive written test scores. Or, for a fee, take the Practice Test and the Director of Adult Literacy will meet individually with you to review the results. If the results indicate that you are not ready for the Full Battery GED Test, we offer individualized instruction in your area(s) of need.
- Test Given: Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Date: Call 413 283 2329 to make an appointment
- Cost: FREE (test scores only) or $30.00 Director Review (payment due at first test)
Call 413 283 2329 for more information. Ask for Gail.
© Copyright 2020 Top Floor Learning.
All rights reserved in all media.
A Xanatos Site