Literacy Services: Information
New Service: We now offer High School students tutoring in
areas of need. These students are presently enrolled in High School but may need a tutor in the area of reading, writing, or math.
Location: Top Floor Learning, on the upper level of the Palmer Public Library
English as a Second Language
- One-to-One instruction for those who are beginning to learn English
- Conversation classes for high beginners, intermediate and advanced levels
- One-to-One Citizenship instruction for those who intend to become U.S. citizens
Reading, Writing, Math
- One-to-One instruction in Reading and Writing for Non-Readers
- One-to-One instruction in Reading and Writing for Beginners
- One-to-One instruction in Advanced Reading and Writing
- One-to-One instruction in Basic Math skills
- One-to-One instruction in Pre-GED Math Preparation
- One-to-One instruction in Pre-GED Reading and Writing Preparation
- GED Half-Length Practice Tests
Registration: Will be ongoing throughout the year. Register in person at the TFL office, or by mail (by printing out the
Printable Registration Form), or you may Register OnLine.
Make-ups/Holidays: If the library is closed due to holidays or inclement weather, make-ups will take place as soon as possible after the missed day.
Skills Assessments: When you register, you will make an appointment with the Director of Adult Literacy for an interview and assessment to determine how we can best help you.
Hours: Tuesday through Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm.
Registration Fees, due at the time of registration:
- One-to-One instruction: $50.00 for three-months, 2 hours per week.
- ESL classes: Fall Semester: $75.00 (15 weeks); Spring 2012 Semester: $90.00 (19 weeks).
Refunds: Refunds will only be made if a class is cancelled due to under-enrollment or if a one-to-one tutor cannot be found.
Withdrawal: If a learner has to withdraw from any cycle due to an unforeseen emergency or other extenuating circumstances, fees paid will be carried over to the next available cycle.
Payment: By cash or check or credit card, as well as the use of our PayPal links.
Books/Materials: Depending on the class signed up for, students may have to purchase a workbook.
These will be purchased from Top Floor Learning, and paid for at the time of registration.
© Copyright 2020 Top Floor Learning.
All rights reserved in all media.
A Xanatos Site