Support through Planned Giving
By giving a planned gift, you can support Top Floor Learning and at the same time receive favorable tax exemptions. Here are some examples of planned giving.
- Bequest through a will. You can indicate a specific amount on the will or a percentage of your net worth.
- Gifts of cash can be deducted for up to 50% of the adjusted gross income.
- Payable on death provisions: CDs, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, and checking accounts can be donated - you retain full ownership and control during your lifetime and then the account balance is paid to the named beneficiary.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: This is a contract between the donor and Top Floor Learning, whereby the donor transfers cash or property to TFL in exchange for a partial tax deduction and a lifetime stream of income from TFL. When the donor dies, TFL keeps the remainder of the gift.
- Stock is an excellent gift. You receive a charitable tax deduction of the value of the stock when it is transferred and you also avoid capital gain taxes.
If you are interested in learning more about planned giving, please call
Attorney Elizabeth Dougal at 413 525 0076.
Elizabeth has experience in planned giving matters and has agreed to offer her services to Top Floor Learning pro bono. She will advise you how to proceed if this is something you would like to explore with your own legal advisor.
You may also call Top Floor Learning at 413 283 2329.
Top Floor Learning is a not-for-profit 501(C)3 organization. Your gift is tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID number is 200-525-130.